You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Android Integration kits
- Aux-Input kits
- Bluetooth Integration kits
- Bluetooth via Aux-In
- Car Wi-Fi
- Cradles & Mounts
- Dash Cams
- DVB & DAB
- Fibre Optic (M.O.S.T.) kits
- GROM Audio Accessories
- iPod iPhone Integration kits
- iPod Dock Converters
- OBD - On Board Diagnostics
- USB Media Integration kits
- VLine - Infotainment System
BMW / Mini (radio fitment) - Android and iPhone/iPod Car Kit
GROM-IPD4 interface makes it easy to enjoy your music while driving. With a plug-and play connection your mobile phone IOS (iPod, iPhone) or Android becomes an in-car media centre. An optional Bluetooth Dongle adds hands free calling and wireless audio streaming.
Suitable for the following vehicles:
BMW 3 series 1997-2005
BMW 5 series 1997-2003
BMW 7 series 1998-2001
BMW X3 2004-2007
BMW X5 2000-2005
BMW M3 1997-2005
BMW M5 2000-2003
BMW Z3 1997-2002
BMW Z4 2003-2005
BMW Z8 2000-2003
BMW M Roadster 1999-2002
BMW M Coupe 1999-2002
Rover 75 1999-2005
Rover MG 2002-2004
Rover ZT 2001-2005
Range Rover LandRover 2002-2004
Any Rover with a stereo manufactured by Alpine
Model not listed - please contact us with your car details
Note: For BMW DSP (Digital Sound Processor) systems use in conjunction with Grom DSP kit (sold separately)
Note: For BMW NAV head units only the boot connection BMW-T cable is available!
Unsure? Download the full vehicle application guide or contact us first.
Step 1 - remove the factory head unit (see FAQ's or video clips for further help)
Step 2 - connect the Data Cable (Vehicle Specific Cable) into the typically empty CD changer port on the rear of the unit.
Step 3 - plug the other end of the data cable into the Grom interface which is small enough to leave behind the stereo or ideally route into the glove box.
Step 4 - connect your chosen accessory cables and route to your preferred location around the drivers seat.
Step 5 - Install head unit and enjoy!
- No fuss, easy DIY plug-and-play installation
- No wiring needs to be cut or soldered.
- The installation of this kit should not affect your vehicles warranty.
- 0.5m Data cable (vehicle specific cable)
Please note: With many different kits and applications please consider these videos as a general guide.
Each Grom Audio kit comes with one vehicle specific cable (data cable) for connection to the car. A BMW has a choice of two:
- Connection into the back of the radio (except on navigation models) requires the BMWS cable, please click here for installation instructions.
- CD changer connection usually located in the boot requires the BMWT cable, please see the video clip.
- Car stereo adapter in metal enclosure
- Vehicle specific cable to connect to CD changer port (select one)
- USB extension cable
- User manual
Optional accessories and upgrades - sold separately:
- Bluetooth Dongle (BTD)
- Aux-line-in & USB charge cable (35UB)